- You can watch videos on BenchFly without having a BenchFly Account. You also can contact us through the BenchFly Contact tab or by emailing us directly without having to register for an account.
- For some activities on BenchFly, like uploading videos, posting comments, flagging videos, or saving videos, you need a BenchFly. We ask for some personal information when you create an account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
- When you use BenchFly, we may record information about your usage of the site, such as which other users you communicate with, the videos you watch, the frequency and size of data transfers, and information you display about yourself as well as information you click on in BenchFly (including UI elements, settings). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your BenchFly Account. In order to ensure the quality of our service to you, we may place a tag (also called a "web beacon") in HTML-based customer support emails or other communications with you in order to confirm delivery.
Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (e.g., video comments, your profile page) may be collected and used by others.
- If you submit personal information to BenchFly, we may use that information to operate, maintain, and improve the features and functionality of BenchFly, and to process any flagging activity or other communication you send to us.
- We do not use your email address or other personal information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent. We may use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major BenchFly changes or for customer service purposes). You also can choose whether BenchFly sends you email updates in your BenchFly Account settings page.
BenchFly will never share your personal information with any non-registered user of our site or third party company or person without your explicit consent.
Information That is Publicly Available
- When you create a BenchFly Account, some information about your BenchFly Account and your account activity may be provided to other users of BenchFly.
- Your BenchFly Account name, not your email address, is displayed to other users when you engage in certain activities on BenchFly, such as when you upload videos or leave comments on BenchFly. Other users can contact you by leaving a message or comment on the site.
- Any videos that you submit to BenchFly may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by other BenchFly users or the general public.
- You may also choose to add personal information which may include your name, profile picture or other details, that will be visible to other users on your BenchFly Profile page. If you choose to add certain features to your BenchFly Profile page, then your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other users and may be aggregated and shared with your friends or other users. Such shared activity may include your favorite videos, videos you rated and videos that you have uploaded.
Your Profile Page
Due to the communications standards on the Internet, when you visit the BenchFly web site we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave BenchFly. We also receive the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, as well as the name of your ISP. Tracking technologies are used to gather statistical data on user conversions, including sales and registrations. This information may be used to analyze overall trends to help us improve the BenchFly service, but is not linked to personally identifiable information in any way.
- If you have a BenchFly Account, you may update or correct your personal profile information, email preferences and privacy settings at any time by visiting your account profile page.
- You may, of course, decline to submit personal information through BenchFly, in which case you can still view videos and explore BenchFly, but BenchFly may not be able to provide certain services to you.
BenchFly will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties without your explicit consent, unless required by law. We may share your information with third parties under certain circumstances:
- if sharing your information is necessary to execute a specific request by you (e.g., purchasing premium services via credit card, in which case it would be necessary to share your information with a credit card processing company). In these specific cases third parties will not retain, share or store any personally identifiable information except to provide the specific services requested by you, and are bound by strict confidentiality agreements which limit their use of such information.
- if sharing your information is required by law or is necessary to respond to a subpoena, warrant or court order, or to protect the rights of BenchFly or its members.
Links to Other Web Sites
You can change any of your personal information stored on the BenchFly site at any time, whether it be the information supplied at registration, for your profile page or anything else. You may change information in the Edit my Profile area. In addition, you may cancel your BenchFly membership by sending us an e-mail via our Contact page. Once we process your request, we will remove your name and other personally identifiable information from our database.